Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beds, movies, and laughter


Today started off with some back-breaking bed-making. Hannah and I made 21 beds, I remade 6 of those because we put the top blanket on backwards (I had this idea in my head that the tag always goes at the feet, but apparently that doesn't matter), and then we cleaned windows, mopped and swept floors, and cleaned furniture. Andrea (one of the maids) taught me how to make fancy flowers out of towels. Sometimes, I feel like I'm in maid school. Lunch was delicious as always. Props to Dama. We had sandwiches, fresh fruit, and gallo pinto. As we were cleaning we listened to Dama sing along to music that sounded like Frank Sinatra. It put a smile on my face. Jeremiah, Hannah, and I had an hour or so to kill before the movie at Coronado so we watched the only English channel we get, Fox News. Victor (our bus driver) drove us to Coronado around 6 because we were having a free movie night for families in the community. There were probably around 20 people from the community that showed up, lots of kids too! Two little girls sat next to me and played "piedra, papel, tijera" (rock, paper, scissors) until the movie started. They were so precious! We watched Alvin and the Chipmunks in Spanish, and then Raymond (one of the Score missionaries from Costa Rica) shared the gospel. We rode back from Coronado in a van with the Louisiana team. They are probably some of the funniest people I've ever met. They all have deep southern accents and are constantly chatting and telling jokes. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. When we got back to the Villa, we ate dinner and then played Taboo with some people from the Louisiana team. My team won :) Tomorrow we're going to church and then I have a pretty free day, which never happens! So I'm looking forward to a relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment