Monday, June 13, 2011

Gringos con pupitres

"Why call a moving van when you've got interns?" -Hannah



This morning, Marisol came to the Villa and told us we have to move 35 desks from Room 8 at the Villa to Andy's house a block down the street. Oh boy. Three gringos walking down the street carrying desks is not a very common sight in San Jose. The whole thing probably took us about an hour, not bad at all. Of course, we had some help from Marisol, Adolfo, Ashley, and Dama. It was actually kind of fun :) When we got back, we washed the Coaster (one of the small buses that Score owns). The girls did the inside and Jeremiah washed the outside. Now it looks all shiny and new.

Dama had to go home to Limon this weekend for a doctor's appointment but she was back this morning! I didn't realize how much I missed her until I saw her sitting in the kitchen when I came out for breakfast, with a flower in her hair and a smile on her face. It's definitely good to have her back :)

I got to talk with Andrea for awhile today. She asked me where I learned Spanish (a lot of people here have asked me that), and they're always surprised when I tell them I learned it in school. I guess they don't think that schools in the states are very good at teaching Spanish. She also said she can tell my Spanish is improving from when I first came here (yayy!) and then she tried to convince me to stay for a year so I can become fluent. I told her I have one more year of school and then I'll think about it :)

Today's word of the day is: aspiradora = vacuum cleaner
..Because I had to use one to clean out the Coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment