Friday, June 3, 2011

Third day's a charm :)



Today, there was a beautiful sunset. That in itself made it a wonderful day. But there are so many other things that made today so full of life. I got to go door to door in Coronado handing out tracts and inviting people to a movie night we're having at the Score center there. One little boy on his bike followed us around and declared to everyone that the gringos had arrived. After lunch, Hannah and I made beds at back at the Villa for a few hours, and then switched rooms! We are now staying in the main building at the villa, right next to the kitchen. Convenient for late night snacks :) Another intern, Jeremiah, came last night so it's been fun having 3 of us around! And Ashley and Troy just came tonight! Tomorrow there will be five interns at the Villa. One of the greatest joys of today was getting to hang out with the Louisiana team. They're a group of about 10 from a church in Louisiana and they all have the thickest southern accents I have ever heard. And some of the best sense of humors :) Tonight, we took a bus downtown to the ghetto to pass out sandwiches to the homeless. It's a really dangerous area so we all got off the bus and the guys kind of surrounded the girls as we passed them all out. We made 100 sandwiches and it literally took us 3 minutes to pass them all out. We were bombarded by people. One man without an arm came up to me and as I handed him a sandwich, he asked me if we spoke English. I said yes, we do, and he proceeded to say "You are all angels to everyone here." He repeated it about five times and thanked us, and then walked away. I definitely want to go back to the ghetto.

1 comment:

  1. mmm. I love the way the boys protected you. And I LOVE hearing how much of a blessing you are to those people! I'm excited to see what the Lord does in the next few weeks, love!

    ReplyDelete